Clogged drains occur because:
- Paper towels
- Hand/baby wipes
- Large quantities of food
- Feminine hygiene products
While this is merely a small list, the similarity between all of the above items is that they don’t break down easily or at all.
We recommend following the below guidelines for properly using your sanitary sewer system:
- Only flush human waste and single-ply toilet paper.
- Scrape all leftover food into a trash can and dispose of oils in a bottle or other container. Use hot water to flush only crumbs into the garbage disposal.
- Use Bio-Clean on a monthly basis to perform regular maintenance on all tubs, sinks, and showers. Use Root-X to treat your main sanitary sewer line at least 1 time per year (minimum).
- Never use any kind of acid drain openers. These products will destroy sewer integrity in the long run. And if those destroyed sewers are underground, it will be quite expensive to repair the damage. When your drain stops up, try to resolve the problem either manually or mechanically.
Following these simple tips decreases the likelihood of having to deal with future sewer clogs for a long time. This, in turn, saves you a ton of money, stress, and headache.